Searching for something, i-google mo na!
Custom Search

Sunday, June 16

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Another year passed by and today we celebrate this special day for every dad. Before, I got confused about when would Father's Day be celebrated. My mom always mentions to us that Father's Day, Mother's Day and other Philippine holidays do not exist before but today, in our generation, is different. I'm not against with these celebrations but if you analyze it thoroughly and you have a businessman mindset, then you would consider it as another opportunity to make more money.

Filipinos are very family-oriented people and they love being with each other for a long time. There is nothing wrong with celebrating Father's Day. In fact, even if we don't have this event, still we are obliged and it's our responsibility as their son or daughter to honor the greatness of our parents. The fact that we are here living on the surface of earth is because of them. Our mom and dad is the reason why we are here. Besides, parenthood is where our final destination for most of us would be so the things we did and continually do to our parents are what we actually experience someday.

Right now, two of my siblings are not here, my Kuya Zander and Ate Maris but what really matters most is the thoughts and care we've all shared within us. I like writing and expressing my thoughts. And Father's Day should not be only expressed by saying the magic word to your dad but you should put it into writing.

Again, before this day ends, I would like to take this opportunity to say that whatever names we called our father be it dad, papa, tatay or daddy, still that man is our savior, protector, counselor, coach or whatever your mind can think of he can become.

I hope you enjoy reading this blog post.


Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
Free WEB Hosting!

1 comment:

Hi and hello!

I'm glad you take time to read my blog post. If you have something to say, you are free to leave your message, comment, or suggestion below. Thank you.