Searching for something, i-google mo na!
Custom Search

Friday, January 2

Planning to Have a Credit Card?

Remove BDO from Your Prospect List

Recently, I've just got to know that BDO Credit Card deducts a membership fee monthly instead of an annual fee. Other banks charge you an average of 1,500 pesos per year so when we divide it by 12 (which is the number of months in a year), you're going to pay 125 pesos per month. That's not big if you think the figures but if you do the math, still it is equivalent to 1,500 for one year.

For me, this is one of the strategies implemented by BDO and I think, this bank is very wise. If in other banks, upon you receive the annual fee, you can call their hotline number and ask if the said fee can be waived or removed, chances are they will do it only if you're a good payer and have a good credit history. But what about in the BDO system which I mentioned above? I think it's possible to do the said actions above and they may remove it from your credit card billing statement but you will do it monthly. Besides do you think people will exert an effort for 125 pesos to be removed? That's a little amount that people behind it thought of very intelligently.

Anyway, if that is their system/protocol, then we can't do anything about it but look for other banks which offer the traditional annual fee. That's only my opinion and the only thing I hate from BDO Credit Card system.

I, personally, had a credit card from HSBC and I tried doing the steps I mentioned above and they gratefully granted my request. Right now, I have a BPI Credit Card and by the time, I reach one year being a cardholder of them, I will repeat and respectfully ask them if they can waive the charged annual fee. You will never know the answer if you'll never ask the person.

That's it! I hope you find it useful and if ever you're a credit cardholder of them, feel free to express your opinion. I respect whatever your opinion is.

Thanks for reading this blog post, my friend.

Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
Free WEB Hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and hello!

I'm glad you take time to read my blog post. If you have something to say, you are free to leave your message, comment, or suggestion below. Thank you.