Searching for something, i-google mo na!
Custom Search

Tuesday, December 24

I Need To Improve My Grammar Skill

I write because I want to. But do you know that English is not my first language. I'm a Filipino and we are expected to be proficient in speaking and writing since it's our second language. Besides, it's part of our educational system and most of the subjects in school are relayed in this language.

Anyway, the reason why I write this is due to I noticed that the way I write, most of the time, is not in a proper way or in short, my grammar needs an improvement. Whenever I visit some of the well-known bookstores here in our country, I always encounter and see dedicated books for writing. Those books are for improving, enhancing and taking to a higher level your writing. Sometimes I get tempted to pull some money out of my coin purse or wallet but a part of me tells me to delay the buying. I'm waiting for the time that I have enough money to fill in the gap, hehe! (But I won't let 2014 end without me getting those stuff. You will see that my writing is not good, right?)

Before I end this post, here's my revelation to you. I can rate my quickness in responding to someone (on the spot talking to English speaking people). It takes me a couple of seconds or sometimes minutes to form a response compare to my writing. I guess the reason is obvious. In speaking, there is other party that is waiting for your response while in writing, only you, yourself, are the witness on how those words form into a sentence. In other words, you have enough time to compose. That's why I salute (kudos!) those people (call center agents and other people who answer calls) with such great speaking ability.

I hope you find this post useful. Thanks for reading!

Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites
Free WEB Hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and hello!

I'm glad you take time to read my blog post. If you have something to say, you are free to leave your message, comment, or suggestion below. Thank you.